Loving all God's people


" That is why since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people, I have not stopped giving thanks to God for you. I always remember you in my prayers ..."

Ephesians 1 : 15 - 16

Sunday, August 7, 2011

... Jesus ...

 
Hey everyone ...

Jesus is always my starting place ... though sometimes my ego does have a very loud voice and gets in the way.

Whenever my mumble grumble gets out of control, Jesus reminds me
'Hey ... It's all about me'

I seem to get so involved in what I can get out of something, I often forget what I am blessed to give ... this is when the neon flashing lights go off and I need to have a big hang out session with God and  realign my attitude ...

How easily I get distracted and forget but also how quickly I remember what it feels like to be near Him.

In a blink of the eye, I remember his smell, his voice, his presence with me ... nothing beats a good worship session to get back in the zone ...



Today I wrote a list of everything that reminds me of Jesus and who He is to me ...
  • amazement
  • wonderment at creation
  • rainbow miracles
  • my one true constant
  • lush green grass
  • sunshine through the kitchen window
  • good coffee on a winters afternoon
  • laughing till you cry
  • feeling someones heart breaking and handing their hand till the pain passes
  • feeling exhausted
  • showing me, myself at it's worst 
  • showing myself at my best
  • words that rhyme and make me smile
  • the emotional roller coaster of lack and abundance
  • the sense of reassurance you get when praying for some one
  • the cloak of invisible protection
  • a crystal clear pure voice singing on it's own
  • how the tides ebb and flow all over the earth
  • the birds chirping to greet the sunrise
  • lightning in the distant sky and the crack of thunder
  • honeycomb pieces in vanilla ice cream
  • the echo that comes back in a valley
  • the genius of how the human brain works 
  • the unknown in life
  • seeing the good come out of something bad
  • walking past a bakery while they are cooking
  • the smile you see on someones face, when they are glad to see you
  • the ability to learn to walk again against all the odds
  • playing with your puppy in the backyard
  • the colors created when burning different minerals
  • the courage people show in difficult situations
  • He is my everything ... 

I am truly blessed to be a child of God ... a gift available to everyone!


My list just goes on and on ... What is your glimpse of God? 
Let me know ...


Be blessed and be a blessing

Teena

***

No comments:

Post a Comment